Tuesday 9 November 2010

Beta Testing and More....

Wow, what a great couple of days! Since I last blogged I had the opportunity to sit down with a couple of guys that are looking at creating some 'webisodes' for new games hitting the market. Its basically a review show, but there trying to make it fresh and new, plus they're aren't that many people doing that sort of thing in Nottingham.

Straight after that, I was invited to do some Beta testing on a new game coming out soon. For legal reasons (all sounds very official!!) I can't mention the name of the company or the game itself, but it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun and something that a lot of people will probably find accessible!

Yesterday was a really productive day - First lecture was a practical lesson on using Adobe flash and action script to design an interactive application that can be used to display information about all the research we've been working on in Game Engine Design. We also had another master class in using 3Ds Max (creating 3D models for those of you not familiar with the software). And finally discussions were made about how me and my team are going to put our presentation together for when we do our Pitch to some of the local games company staff for our final major project! So all in all, a very very good day.

I sometimes worry that with all the studying in so many different areas, I might be stretching myself thin but then I also think in order to be the best I can as a Games Designer, its important to have at least a basic knowledge of what goes on in the rest of the company/industry.

There was also some talk yesterday with one of the tutors, going into a bit more detail with the possibility of, after completing the course (about 9 months away now) there being the option to go into an apprenticeship with a games company for 4 days a week and 1 day at Confetti! It's certainly a good way in and would open up the possibility of showing what I'm made of!

More soon guys,

Don't forget to leave me any feedback or comments, or even any questions you might have for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment